Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Mathematical Life - thanks, TechMatrix!


When exploring the “Search” tools on TechMatrix, I discovered many other resources to use in my classroom.  I specifically was looking for algebra and equation resources, and boy did I find them!  I compared four different programs: My Mathematical Life, Academy of Math, Basic Algebra Shape-Up, and Classworks.
My favorite out of those four was My Mathematical Life.  I wasn’t able to play around with it too much, but I loved what I saw of it!  Check out the YouTube review below to get a preview.  The first thing I hear when introducing a new unit: “When am I ever going to use this?”  Applying math to real life is such a huge struggle for students, and one that this program does a nice job of bridging that gap!
Take a look when you get a chance, you might come across something that you see a use for!

No comments:

Post a Comment