Sunday, November 23, 2014

Circle 21 Game


Further exploring the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives, which I talked about in yesterday’s post, I came across a fun game:  Circle 21.  I was perusing through the many manipulatives, and found this game.  This goal is for students of any age and math level, and it helps enhance learning by applying problem-solving strategies, along with basic numeracy skills.
I’m always looking for fun, interesting ways to get my students engaging their mathematical minds, and here is my newest discovery.  The goal is to make sure all there numbers in one circle add up to 21.  This game takes some planning and guessing – along with knowing your math facts!
There three other versions to be played: Circle 3 (this involves decimals!), Circle 99, and Circle 0.  All can be found on NLVM’s website!

No comments:

Post a Comment