Monday, October 27, 2014

Chapter 2 - Website #1: Read Write Think


The internet is a useful tool, especially for working with special education students.  When browsing ReadWriteThink, I came across many interactive tools and activities for students to use.  I feel that this would be extremely useful in my instruction, if I were to teach English Language Arts.  Even though I am primarily math, I am also teaching a social studies section this year.  I did find an interactive practice activity of pulling important facts out of a non-fiction piece, which would be extremely beneficial since I teach with a textbook.
ReadWriteThink offers so many free worksheets, templates, graphic organizers, and printouts for teachers to use for FREE! That is a rare thing, with the creation of TeachersPayTeachers… 
Students that have learning disabilities would benefit from the structure that this website provides for their printouts, such as: executive function disorder, language-based learning disability, dyslexia, word retrieval issues, and more.  
The website is very user-friendly, and is easy to navigate and search for specific topics.  The only costly aspect of this website are the Mobile Apps that they offer, which some may cost money.  I highly recommend checking out this website, if you haven’t already stumbled across it in Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment